- Online Catalog
- Online Resources
- Books, Movies, Audio
- Trail Writing
- How do I...?
Interlibrary Loan Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I place an Interlibrary Loan Request?
- What is Interlibrary Loan?
- Who may use Interlibrary Loan?
- How will I know when my ILL material has arrived?
- What materials are not available through Interlibrary Loan?
- How long can I keep my Interlibrary Loan item?
- Can I renew my Interlibrary Loan?
- Important facts about ILL
- Search the Trails Regional Library catalog for the desired item before requesting it via Interlibrary Loan
- If your desired item is not found in the Trails Regional Library catalog, search WorldCAT for your item
- Enter "100154477" as your Authorization Number and "ban!agree" as your Password
- Search for keywords related to your item (for example, "william shakespeare romeo")
- Select your desired item from the list of results
- If the details of the item look accurate, click the "ILL" button
- Enter your information (required fields are indicated by an asterisk)
- Click "Submit"
What is Interlibrary Loan?
ILL is a service the library provides allowing patrons to borrow books, videos, DVDs, CDs and Audiobooks from other libraries. You may also request photocopies of magazine articles and materials reproduced in microform such as newspapers. Photocopy requests are filled in accordance with copyright law.
Who may use Interlibrary Loan?
Anyone who has a current library card in good standing.
How will I know when my ILL material has arrived?
When the book or other materials arrive, usually within seven to ten days, you will be notified by phone or postcard. If you do not pick up the materials within ten days, the book will be returned to the lender. Repeated failure to pick up materials can result in termination of interlibrary loan privileges. If a request can not be filled, you will receive an interlibrary loan status report indicating why the request was canceled.
What materials are not available through Interlibrary Loan?
Best sellers, recent publications, (6 months or newer), reference books, and rare or valuable materials are not available through interlibrary loan.
How long can I keep an Interlibrary Loan item?
The lending library determines the loan period and any restrictions concerning the use of the materials. Normally, materials are available for three weeks.
Can I renew my Interlibrary Loan?
If a book is renewable, a request for renewal may be made when there is a special need. Ask for this privilege at least four business days before the due date indicated on the white label. If a book is not renewable, the title could be requested again from another lender upon return of the original book.
- Books may be returned to any Trails Regional branch library White labels attached to the book SHOULD NOT be removed, as they contain essential information concerning your loan.
- Overdue, lost or damaged interlibrary loan books can be subject to additional fees that are set by the lending library. These fees will be passed on to you.
- Repeated overdues or lost or damaged interlibrary loan materials can result in the loss of interlibrary loan privileges.