Trails Regional Library History

1957: The Board of the existing library in Warrensburg (formerly known as the Johnson County Public Library) approved a merger with the Johnson County Library. A contract was signed between the Johnson County Library Board and Lafayette County Library Board to form a Regional Library with the name “Trails Regional Library”. Esther Gilman was the first Director.
1958: The Corder Library Board and Waverly Library Board approved mergers with Trails Regional Library.
1959: The Lexington Library and Concordia Library merged with Trails Regional Library.
1965: The Odessa Library merged with Trails Regional Library.
1971: An additional Johnson County Branch was opened in Knob Noster.
1980: On May 27, 1980, Trails Regional Library became Consolidated Library District #4.
1982: Esther Gilman retired and Susan Bonett was named the new Director.
1999: A new site was procured for the Knob Noster Branch.
2000: Trails Regional Library purchased the current Odessa Branch building.
2004: The new Holden Branch of Trails officially opened its doors to the public.
2005: The Trails Regional Library Foundation had its first meeting. Director, Susan Bonett retired and Trails welcomed new Director, Karen Hicklin, to the library.
2006: The Warrensburg Branch and Administrative Offices moved to 432 N. Holden Street in Warrensburg.
2008: Trails Regional Library moved the Concordia Branch to a new location on 813 S. Main Street.
2009: Trails Regional Library renovated the Waverly Branch building.